Imagine where you could go with 1 MILLION Velocity Points
Look ahead to 2020 and beyond. Virgin Australia Velocity and View Hotels have partnered to offer our guests a chance to win a getaway on us.
How do you enter? Book your stay by 13 April for travel between 16 March and 30 December 2020. You will be automatically entered for a chance to win the first prize of 1 million Velocity Points or second prize of 500,000 Velocity Points.
Competition Terms and Conditions – Game of Chance
View Hotels – Win Your Share of 1.5 Million Points Promotion
First prize – 1,000,000 Velocity Points
Second prize – 500,000 Velocity Points
- Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
- Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over who book accommodation with any View Hotel in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane between 16 March 2020 and April 2020 for travel between 16 March 2020 to 30 December 2020 (Travel Period). The Promoter is View Hotels Australia (ABN 16 099 650 941) of registered address 17 Blue Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060.
- The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of View Hotels (“The Promoter”), Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (Virgin Australia), Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd, Anisimoff Legal and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEDT on 16 March 2020 and ends at 11:59 pm AEDT on 13 April 2020 (Promotion Period).
- Subject to clause 8, entrants will earn one entry per eligible stay by booking with any View Hotel in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
- Book an eligible stay with a View Hotel via the View Hotels webpage https://viewhotels.com/group/legal/velocity-point-giveaway/ between 00:01 (AEDT) 16 March 2020 and 23:59 (AEDT) 13 April 2020; or by calling View Hotels direct on 1300 84 39 46 (AU);
- Be a current Velocity member and provide their Velocity membership name and number at the time of the booking; and
- be the named person who the accommodation is booked under.
- One (1) Eligible Booking equates to one (1) valid entry. There is no limit to the number of entries per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
- An Eligible Booking includes; any booking made direct via the View Hotels webpage https://viewhotels.com/group/legal/velocity-point-giveaway/ or by calling View Hotels direct on 1300 84 39 46 (AU) during the Promotional Period.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of the Entrant books their accommodation. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter.
- If a booking is canceled or refunded at any time, then the entry or entries will be deemed invalid.
- Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
- If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email: [email protected] and you will be removed from the Promotion.
- Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- The Winners must hold a valid Velocity Frequent Flyer membership
- The draw will be conducted at 3.00pm AEDT on Friday 17 April 2020 at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5/210 Central Coast Hwy, Erina NSW 2250
- All-Winners will be notified by phone three (3) days after the draw and in writing seven (7) days after the draw where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address and have their name published in the Monday, 20 April 2020.
- If a prize is not claimed within three (3) months of the draw, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted on Monday, at 3:00 pm AEDT at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5/210 Central Coast Hwy, Erina NSW 2250
- A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone two (2) days after the draw and in writing seven (7) days after the draw where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address and have their name published in the View Hotels Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ViewHotelSydney/) on 23 July 2020.
- Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded, and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
- All decisions of the Promoter are final, and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
- The draw and the announcement of the Winners will be scrutinised by an independent person (where “independent person” has the meaning given in the Lotteries and Art Unions Regulation 2014 (NSW).
- There is one (1) Major Prize to be won, comprised of 1,000,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and one (1) Secondary Prize of 500,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
- Total prize pool has an estimated value of $19,500 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The issuance of all Velocity Frequent Flyer Points won during this competition, will not be awarded to the Winner’s Velocity account (Velocity account must match the details of both the Winner and the View Hotels confirmation) until completion of the View Hotels accommodation stay associated with the prize draw. The points will be credited to the Winner’s account within 28 days of complying with all competition terms and conditions.
- Use of points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/
- The prizes will be awarded to the Entrants named in the selected entries.
Contacting the Entrant
- Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
- The Promoter or Velocity may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter and Velocity will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant or their employer in regard to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
- Winners will be required to pay any taxes and other airport-related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
- Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
- The first one (1) valid entry drawn will win 1,000,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and the second one (1) valid entry drawn will win 500,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points which may be redeemed for goods and services with a total estimated value of $19,500 excluding GST. Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only once the Promoter has verified that the Prize Winner can provide valid Velocity Frequent Flyer account details for the prize Points issuance. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at velocityfrequentflyer.com). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
- The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer store.
- The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and Velocity and their associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- The Promoter and Velocity are not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Authorised under permit numbers NSW: LTPSS/20/42353, ACT: TP20/00263, SA Permit No. T20/260